Downloading ebooks to your Kindle
Go to www.eLibraryNJ.com.
Sign into your account:
- Click on Sign In towards the top of the page
- Select ‘Libraries of Middlesex Automation Consortium’ as your Library.
- Type in your complete library card number beginning with 29370…
- Enter your PIN. If you do not have a PIN, you will need to see someone at the circulation desk at the Library. PINs cannot be given out over the phone.
- Hit <Enter> or click on ‘Sign In’.
Search for a book:
- Use the quick search feature — By title, author, subject, etc. in the Quick Search on the right side of the page.
- You can narrow the search by eBook or Audiobook, or select only available copies by using the advanced search.
- Browse the collection by genre using the categories below the quick search box.
- To narrow it down to only Kindle books, click on Advanced Search. On the Advanced Search screen, select Kindle Book under Format.
Borrowing your Kindle Book:
- Select your book; e-books have a book icon on the upper right corner. If it is black it can be checked out, if it is grey, you can place a hold.
- Once you select a book, select “Borrow” then “Go to Bookshelf”. Select “Download” and check “Kindle Book”. Finally select “Confirm and Download”.
- You will then be taken to Amazon.com. Log in using your Amazon Kindle account.
- Amazon will then ask where you would like to have the book delivered. Choose your Kindle OR the device on which you have the Kindle app.
- The book will be transferred to your device via Amazon’s WhisperSync technology.
*Keep in mind that Library ebooks can only be delivered while you are connected via WiFi; they will not be synced if you are using a 3G connection.
*Some titles can only be transferred to your Kindle via USB. This means that you will download the book to your computer and save it to your Kindle, as if you were saving it to a flash drive.
Want a PDF version of the above instructions with images to show you what your screen should look like?
|Instructions using Kindle for downloadable e-Books|
|Instructions for using the Kindle App for downloadable e-Books|
These documents are PDFs. You will need Adobe Acrobat on your computer to open the files.
Please contact Karen Klapperstuck at (732) 521-5000