- Register for a hoopla account by visiting hoopladigital.com, or
by using the hoopla mobile app on your iOS or Android device. You will
need to provide an e-mail address, create a password, and have
your library account information ready. The free mobile app can
be found in the App Store and the Google Play store.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by
clicking Browse All on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks,
eBooks, Comics, and Television) you would like to browse further on.
Search box or magnifying glass and typing in your title(s)/keyword.
- To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow
button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing,
and found under the My Titles menu for viewing/listening. Enjoy
your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending
period is over. There are no holds, wait lists, or late fees for any of
Other Hoopla details:
- You can borrow 5 titles per month, in any combination of formats.
- Audiobooks, ebook & comics loan for 21 days
- Music loan for 7 days
- Movies and tv content loan for 72 hours (3 days)
- All titles are available for streaming using hoopladigital.com on a PC/Mac. Borrowed titles are for streaming and a temporary download on iOS and Android devices.
- iOS – iPhone 4s and newer, iPad 2 and newer, iPad Air, iPad Mini (all Air and Mini models), and iPod Touch 5th Gen.
- Phones – Google Nexus 4, 5, and 6, HTC One M7, LG G2, LG G3, Motorola Droid RAZR M, Motorola Moto X, Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 and S6, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Note 3 and Note 4.
- Tablets – Google Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013 models), Google Nexus 9, Nvidia Shield Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1
- Kindle Fire – 7″ and 8.9″ Kindle Fire HDX tablets, along with all of the 2015 model Kindle Fire HD.
- Chromebook – while using the latest version of Chrome on your Chromebook, hoopla content is fully accessible. To update Chrome, click on the menu button in the upper right hand corner, and then on “About Google Chrome” to update the browser.
AppleTV and Chromecast – iOS users that have an Apple TV may simply mirror the content they see on their iOS mobile device to their television. Android users that have Chromecast have the ability to cast hoopla Digital videos to their television using either their PC or IOS/Android mobile device. Those with neither an Apple TV or Chromecast device can simply connect their device to their television using an HDMI adapter.
Want a PDF version of the above instructions with images to show you what your screen should look like?
These documents are PDFs. You will need Adobe Acrobat on your computer to open the files.