Devoting some time every day to care for yourself can go a long way toward protecting your heart health. Self-care, like daily exercise, eating healthier meals, getting quality sleep, laughing more, and taking a few moments to de-stress, helps your heart. Heart Disease is the leading cause of death among Americans. Heart Disease can be prevented. #OurHearts nhlbi.nih.gov/ourhearts
Listed below are many ways the library can help you improve your health, stimulate your brain, boost your mood and reduce stress!
FEBRUARY PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
- Monday Meditation (Feb. 1, 8 & 22)
- Book Cafe (Feb. 3)
- National #WearRedDay (Feb. 5) – Wear red to raise awareness about Heart Disease.
- Yoga Class (Feb. 6)
- International Film Discussion (Feb. 10)
- Virtual Sit-n-Stitch (Feb. 12 & 26)
- Coffee & a Book (Feb. 16)
- Let the Whole World Sing Gospel Music Performance (Feb. 23)
RESOURCES AND DATABASES