Reserve a Pass:
(You will need your library card number and PIN)
- By Museum (list of all the museums in alphabetical order)
- By Date (view by 90 days rolling window)
- View/Cancel Your Reservations
Passes are Available for a 3 Day Loan Period:
- Day of Pick Up – pick up pass after 4 pm
- Day of Use (the day you plan on visiting the museum)
- Return Day – return pass before 11 am (1 pm on Sundays)
For example, if the “Day of Use” is Thursday the pass can be picked up beginning at 4 pm on Wednesday and returned by 11 am on Friday.
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- Battleship New Jersey
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden
- The Frick
- Garden State Discovery Museum
- Garden State Rocks
- Grounds for Sculpture
- Guggenheim Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Liberty Science Center – You do not need to have a pass to use this discount. Just show your Monroe Township library card to receive $3 off admission price.
- Monster Mini Golf
- Morris Arboretum
- Morven Museum & Gardens
- Museum of Modern Art
- Newark Museum
- Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts
- Popcorn Park Zoo
- Stickley Museum
- Wheaton Arts
- American Museum of Natural History
- Bounce U
- Jenkinsons Aquarium
- Silverball Museum
Information About the Program:
- Eligible Monroe Library patrons ages 18+ may check out one (1) pass per library cardholder at a time. Limit four (4) passes per month. (Eligible patrons include Monroe Residents, Township Employees, and Paid Membership)
- Patron must be in good standing and library card can not have any of the following:
- Lost/damaged items
- Fines in excess of $5.00
- Patron may reserve a museum pass up to 90 days in advance using the Library website or by calling the Library.
Picking Up and Returning Passes:
- Passes may be picked up after 4:00pm and must be returned by 11:00am* on the due date (*1:00pm on Sundays). Patron must present the library card under whose name the pass was reserved.
- Pick up and return of passes should be done in person at the Circulation Desk. However, passes can be returned in the drive thru book drop. Pass cannot be returned to the book drop at the community center.
No Shows and Canceling Reservations:
- If you do not pick up your pass by the “Day of Use” it will constitute a “No Show”. If the reservation is canceled the day before or on the “Day of Use” it will also be considered a “No Show”. Because demand for passes is high, two “no shows” in a 60 day period may result in a 2 month block on museum pass reservations.
- Reservations can be canceled up to two (2) days before “the Day of Use”. You can cancel online or by calling the Circulation desk 732-521-5000.
- Reservations cannot be canceled via email.
Late, Lost, or Unreturned Passes:
- There will be a $5.00 late fee each day the pass is past due. Maximum fine will be equal to the pass replacement cost.
- Patron is responsible for the full replacement cost of the pass if it is lost.
For more information, call the Library.
Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and museums across America. Each summer since 2010, Blue Star Museums have offered free admission to the nation’s active-duty military personnel and their families, including National Guard and Reserve, from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
For a current list of participating museums and eligibility requirements, please visit the Blue Star Museum Initiative website.