UPDATE 3/15/2020: The Library will be closed until further notice.
Due dates on all items will be extended while the Library is closed. Any fines accrued during this time will be forgiven. Ebooks, audiobooks, and other downloadable and streaming media are available via the Library website (instructions and info can be found here).
UPDATE 3/14/2020: The Library will be closed Saturday, March 14 and Sunday, March 15, 2020. Please check this page for updates as the situation changes.
In response to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Monroe Township Library is working closely with the Township of Monroe to take the necessary steps to respond to this evolving situation. The health and safety of our library users and staff is very important.
Additional updates to Library operations will be posted on the Library website and social media pages as they are available. It is our goal to maintain services as much as possible while attempting to lessen the risk to patrons and staff.
During this time, we encourage Library cardholders to use the many digital services available. We provide remote access to a variety of media types including:
- E-books and digital audiobooks (RBdigital, eLibraryNJ via Libby or Overdrive app, Hoopla)
- Magazines (Rbdigital)
- Music (Freegal, Hoopla)
- Movies and TV shows (Kanopy, Hoopla)
Other online resources are available. A complete list can be found on our website.
The Monroe Township Library is taking the following precautions:
- Signage from the CDC regarding hand-washing and reducing the spread of germs has been posted around the Library
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located in a number of locations in the Library. Hot water and soap are available in all the Library restrooms.
- Extra sanitizing of high touch surfaces, such as doorknobs and tables
- Temporary removal of toys from the Children’s Department
- The following Library services have temporarily been suspended:
- All programs, meetings and activities
- Reservation and use of the quiet study rooms
- Bookmobile services (if you are unable to come to the Library to pick up materials, contact the bookmobile staff to see if you are eligible for temporary At Home Services)
The Monroe Township Library is offering the following services:
- The Library will not be charging fines
- Library cards that are due to be renewed will be renewed on a temporary basis so that Library users can continue to use online resources without interruption
- PINs associated with Library cards will be disclosed over the phone as long as the patron can provide identifying information (PINs are required to access many of the Library’s online resources)
Other options if you do not want to come into the Library building:
- Library materials may be picked up and returned at the Library Drive-Thru. Please call to have your items moved to the Drive-Thru for pick up.
- We have Express Bags of books available at our drive-thru window for adults, children and teens.
- Library materials may be returned at the 2 remote book drops in town (Senior Center and Rec Center).
Thank you for your cooperation and flexibility as we move through this evolving situation. We will continue to post new information and updates on our website and social media pages as available.