Friends of the Library Mission
The mission of the Friends is to foster community awareness of the Monroe Township Public Library's resources, programs and services; to promote its value as an educational and cultural asset to the community; and to support the library with membership dues and fundraising activities.
Why is the "Friends" needed?
Although the Library is a tax-supported institution, there are many important programs and services that can not be funded through its regular operating budget. This is where the Friends step in to help. Using funds raised by its annual membership drive, donations and various fundraisers, the Friends organization is able to assure that these services are provided.
- Provide your e-mail and receive monthly Library newsletters.
- Advance notice of ticket sales for popular programs.
- Receptions for special events.
- Opportunity to continue enriching your life
- throughout participation in discussions and lectures.
- The year round satisfaction of knowing your membership enhances library services for our entire community.
- Input into new and exciting programs.
|Friends of the Library Brochure||418.31 KB|
Friends of the Library Officers
What the Friends do:
- Fund the International Film Festival that brings quality films to Monroe Township every year.
- Purchase selected museum passes to be borrowed at the Library.
- Sponsor lectures, book discussions, trips, concerts and other cultural and educational programming.
- Provide funding for the Children's Theater Festival.
- Sponsor the Youth Stamp Club.
- Provide monies for needed Library equipment not in the budget.
- Encourage literacy through support of Literacy Partners and Books to Keep.
Friends Current Activities
International Film Festival
International Film Festival is offered periodically thorughout the year.
All showings are on Thursdays at 2 and 6:30 PM. All movies are shown with English subtitles. Tickets are $1.00 each.
Gardens at the Library
This remarkable expansion offers more opportunities for gardens. The Friends have committed to developing gardens in the entrance area of the Library property. Other gardens could be donated by someone who wants to leave a living legacy in their name or the name of a special loved one. Details are available at the Library.
Free Museum Pass Program
If you are looking for something to do this weekend, check out the Monroe Library’s Free Museum Pass Program.
- Book Lovers
- Contact Us