Eligible Computer Users
- All users must read and accept the Technology Use Agreement form, which is a legally binding document.
- Computer users must have a valid Monroe Township or LMxAC Library card.
- Guest cards are available at the Welcome and Reference desks for ages 14 and over with ID.
Use of Computer Workstations
- Computers will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Time permitting, staff will try to answer specific questions about the Internet and offer suggestions for effective searching.
- The Internet is a resource tool offered by the Library and is to be used for educational, informational and recreational purposes only.
- Users must be aware not all information found on the Internet is accurate, current or complete.
- The user will assume full responsibility for any charges incurred when accessing a fee-based service.
- Use of the Internet is a privilege and inappropriate use will result in a suspension and eventual cancellation of this privilege. Examples of inappropriate use include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Violation of another user’s privacy.
- Damaging equipment through unauthorized use.
- Disruptive activities and behavior.
- Violation of the Technology Agreement.
- Viewing indecent subject matter.
- Privacy cannot be guaranteed on the public access computers, therefore we do not recommend entering sensitive, personal or financial information at any workstation.
- Programs and data may not be stored on the hard drives of the Library’s computers.
- Users may save data on a flash drive.
- Printing material is encouraged as long as it does not violate Copyright Laws.
- The patron is financially responsible for all printed pages.
- Printing costs $.10 per b&w copy and $.50 per color copy.
- Money may be added to your Library account at the Reference or Welcome desks.
The Library is not responsible for any damage done to a user’s data as a result of computer viruses or malfunctioning of Library hardware or software.
- Children age 8 and younger must be supervised by a parent or guardian while using a computer workstation.
- Visiting children must be accompanied by an adult cardholder at all times when using a computer workstation.
- Parents or guardians, not the Library staff, are responsible for the Internet information selected and/or accessed by their children.
Non-Resident Guests & the Internet
- Monroe Township Library welcomes visitors to use our Internet services.
- Wireless Internet is available throughout the building. No password is required.
- Visitors can access public computers with a Guest Pass, obtainable at the Welcome and Reference Desks.
- Current photo ID is required.
- Maximum use is 2 hours per day.
- Attach printing fees to a guest pass at the Reference or Welcome desk. Cash only, no refunds. $.10 per page b&w, $.50 color.
- Out-of-town guests from local system libraries may log in with a valid home library card.